We have received many questions regarding revenue received related to marijuana sales, for details, view Cannabis Revenue Details (PDF). This will be updated periodically.
The City Auditor's Office is responsible for:
- Maintaining accurate financial records; preparing monthly financial statements for the City
- Performing internal audits of the City and School Department
- Preparing reports and providing financial data as required under Massachusetts General Law, GASB and UMAS relative to finance and accounting throughout the year and for the end of the fiscal year, which must be submitted to the Department of Revenue, Division of Local Services and the Independent Outside Auditing Firm
- Processing the warrants for the accounts payable and payrolls of all City Departments including the School Department
- Recording all Trust Funds and Fixed Assets
- Recording all revenue received along with all grants, gifts and all other special revenue funds received by the City
The Auditor along with the Assistant Auditor is appointed by the City Council.
The Auditor's Office must also work very closely with the Treasurer's Office, Tax Collector's Office and the Assessor's Office.