Commission on Disability
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Angelique Baker, Chair
- Eli Damon, Vice-Chair
- Jeff Bagg, ADA Coordinator/City Planner
- Jeffrey A. Brown
- Bryce LaPlante
- Marty Klein
- Molly Goodwin
- Stan Diamond
- Mary Louise Morris
- Robert Wild
- Vacant Seat
- Vacant Seat
- Vacant Seat
It is the Mission of the Commission on Disability, in conjunction with the Americans with Disabilities Act, to bring Easthampton into compliance with all rules and regulations relating to disability access within our community.
- The Commission provides public outreach and education on disabilities, recommends changes to increase access to all in municipal, business, and public buildings and sites.
- The Commission will work with the City and the business sector for accommodations that will be a benefit to all people.
- The Commission will review proposals and recommend changes it feels necessary for the well-being of disabled persons within the community.
- The Commission will work to increase awareness and community cooperation.
- The Commission on Disability will serve as a resource for information pertaining to the American with Disabilities Act.
Snow Removal Public Service Announcement (PSA)
The COD and Easthampton Media have worked over past year to produce a Public Service Announcement (PSA) to raise awareness about individual property owners' responsibility under current policy to clear snow and ice from sidewalks on their property.
Click here to watch the PSA video or click on the image to watch.
2021 Survey Findings
In the fall of 2021, the Easthampton Commission on Disability conducted a survey, primarily aimed at individuals with disabilities and their caretakers, to obtain their views on obstacles they encounter in Easthampton that impede their ability to fully engage with the community. The survey covered subjects such as:
* navigating sidewalks and crosswalks (with and without snow)
* accessing buildings (public and private)
* participating in city meetings
* interacting with police (positive and negative)
* using the city website
* parking motor vehicles
* accessing transportation
This page presents a summary of the results. All the raw data is in this csv file.
If you have a concern about a disability issue, we encourage you to express it at our monthly meeting, the first Tuesday of the month, 10:00AM-11:00AM. See the city meeting calendar for agendas and meeting links.
- ADA Update - A Primer for Small Businesses (PDF)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Grievance Procedure (PDF)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Non-Discrimination Notice (PDF)
- Commission on Disability Mission Statement (PDF)
- Commission on Disability Rules and Regulations (November 2017) (PDF)
- List of Area Services (PDF)
- Voting Rights Information for Individuals with Disabilities (PDF)