- Council on Aging
- What We Offer
What We Offer
Please call 413-527-6151 for information about all services.
To sign up for activities: Dial ZERO for the Front Desk or 136 for Principal Clerk Kayt.
To request transportation (van or volunteer driver): Dial ZERO for the Reception Desk.
To use SHINE or Benefits Counseling, sign up for Grab and Go Meals, or use other Outreach services: Dial 130 for Ashley or 137 for Linda. *NEW* APPLY FOR THE 2023 CISA/PARK HILL ORCHARD FRUIT SHARE LOTTERY BY JUNE 16th. CLICK HERE TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY AND TO APPLY.
SOMETHING ELSE? Ask any of us! We are happy to direct you.
What we offer:
- Regular health, fitness, social, cultural, recreational, and support activities, some free, most $3.00-5.00 each, a few are $10. See Calendar and Newsletter for activities. Note that all regular activities take place at the center indoors, unless otherwise noted that they are at an off-site location, are outdoors, or are online.
- Special events for seniors and caregivers
- Outreach services to help when it's tricky to fill out applications or re-certifications on your own
- Information about and referral to government and community services
- Benefits counseling and application assistance
- SHINE (Medicare) appointments
- On-site appointments or home visits
- Transportation door-to-door for medical appointments and errands.
- Free volunteer-driven rides
- Point of sale for PVTA senior ride tickets -- and we give out free PVTA fare Tuesday cards -- we can help you get your senior ID
- Food programs: Highland Valley Elder Services Grab-and-Go Meals, Brown Bag, and Summer/Fall Senior Fruit Share
- City Health Nurse and Veteran's Agent office hours, City Social Worker support group
- Senior Tax Work Off Program: Call Director Cynthia Tarail at ext. 134
- Access point for free tax help for all ages
- Private-fee services: foot care and tailoring
Fitness Room Membership
- Fitness Room Membership is $75 per person per year for Easthampton residents 55+, $115 out of town
Medical Equipment Loan Closet
The COA loans rollators, walkers, shower stools, commodes, wheelchairs, and more can be picked up at the center. For home delivery, call the Hampshire Deputy Sheriff's medical equipment loan office at 413-584-5911. Please do not donate any equipment or medical supplies to the COA unless approved by phone in advance.
- Ask us about Sand for Seniors, smoke detectors, fire extinguisher training, house numbers, and the Hampshire Sheriff's medical equipment home delivery service
Companion Drivers most needed. Call the reception desk or stop by to fill out a volunteer application.