Contact: Lindsi Mailler
CO-OP POWER AND RIVER VALLEY CO-OP TEAM UP TO BRING LOW INCOME COMMUNITY MEMBERS SOLAR POWER AT A DISCOUNT
Did you know Co-op Power and River Valley Co-op have teamed up to bring our low income friends and neighbors solar power at a discount?!
Participants in this program will receive a share of solar energy generated by the panels installed above the River Valley Co-op Easthampton store parking lot. You do not have to own a rooftop to join the solar revolution!
Whenever the sun shines, the majority of your electricity will be generated as solar power from Co-op Power and subtracted from your monthly Eversource bill. In addition, you will get a 15% discount on all solar power received through this program!
You must have a checking or savings account for online payments as well as an email address for billing purposes.
Only 100 subscriptions are available at this time, so if you are interested please do not hesitate to get more information ASAP (see below for resources)!
To be eligible for this program, you must live in Western MA and qualify in one of these three ways:
- You qualify for MassHealth, SNAP, LIHEAP or other social programs
- You live in an Environmental Justice neighborhood that qualifies for this program.
Qualifying zip codes are 01103, 01105, 01107 and 01109.
- You have the low-income (R2) Electric Rate on your Eversource bill
Qualifying for the River Valley Climate Justice Initiative:
You must be an Eversource customer in Western Massachusetts, and one or more of the three below.
1) You qualify for the low-income (R2) Electric Rate on your Eversource bill,
OR, 2) you qualify for MassHealth, SNAP, LIHEAP, or other similar social program,
OR, 3) you live in an Environmental Justice neighborhood.
Below are the EJ Communities in Easthampton that qualify.
Easthampton, Zip Code 01027:
1. Inside the area defined by South Street, Main Street, Northampton Street, West Street and Glendale Street.
2. Inside the area West of Brickyard Brook, South and East of Lower Mill Pond, North of Cottage Street, then Maple Street, then Charles St, then Clark Street.
3. Inside the area East of Nashawannuck Pond and Broad Brook, South of Gaugh St, then Cherry St, West of East St, then Hendrick Street.
4. Inside the area East of Main St, West of Union St, then Willston Ave, North of Greenwood Court, then Ward Avenue.
If you are unsure of if you qualify you should sign up online at www.cooppower.coop/community-solar-signup and Community Solar can confirm whether you qualify.