Residents of Easthampton and any nearby communities are eligible to purchase reduced price rain barrels through a partnership between the City of Easthampton and the Great American Rain Barrel Company [⇒] as part of a community wide conservation and sustainability program. Help conserve natural water resources, prevent storm water runoff, and save on your water bills!
The 60-gallon rain barrels are made entirely from repurposed food grade shipping drums and are available at a discounted price of $69 for green, brown, and gray; $64 for unpainted; and $60 for red. The rain barrels normally retail for $119 each.
The pickup date will be Wednesday, July 7, 2021, from 3:30pm to 5:30pm
at the Easthampton Municipal Building Parking Lot, 50 Payson Ave, Easthampton.
Please note this will be the only pickup date. You must arrange for someone to pick up your order if you cannot make it.
Rain Barrel Information
- Comes with a hard top, wide mouth, removable screw on cover and insect screen; a threaded plastic spigot for hose connection; two 3/4" overflow valves; a drain plug for choice between the two ports to place your spigot; and simple instructions for fast and easy installation
- 100% recycled containers are repurposed from 60-gallon polyethylene shipping drums (UV protected and BPA free)
- Dimensions: 39" tall by 24" wide diameter by 3/16" thick walls
- Weight: 20 lbs. empty.
- Available in Forest Green ($69), Earth Brown ($69), Nantucket Gray ($69), Unpainted ($64), and Terra Cotta Red ($60)
For more information, please visit or call the Great American Rain Barrel Company [⇒] at (800) 251-2352 or contact Easthampton Assistant Planner Jamie Webb at (413) 529-1405.
Rain Barrels Help You Save Money and Conserve Water
On June 3, 2016, the Massachusetts State Legislature enacted "An Act to Improve Public Records", Chapter 121 of the Acts of 2016. The City Clerk in Easthampton is the Records Access Officer, charged with assisting public records requestors, as well as working with record custodians in maintaining records and explaining the request and response process.
For more information on the new state law and requesting public records in Massachusetts, please click here.
Please note that the City of Easthampton maintains records relating to city government only.
Submitting a request:
To request records maintained by the City, please submit a Records Request by clicking here. To ensure that we process your request as efficiently as possible, please be sure to provide the following information:
- Your name, address, email address and telephone number
- A reasonable description of the record(s) sought, containing specific dates and supporting information which will allow the City to identify and locate the record(s)
In response to a request, the City will:
- Provide an initial response within ten (10) business days indicating receipt of the request
- Approve or deny the request, detailing any reason(s) for denial
The City has up to twenty (25) business days from the date of the initial request to provide the requested records; the requestor can agree to more time.
Fees for processing records requests:
- 05¢ per page for photocopies.
- Actual cost of media (flash drive, DVD, etc.)
- A maximum of $25 per hour for employee time needed to search, compile, segregate, redact or reproduce the records (Easthampton is under 20,000 in population)
- A good faith estimate of fees is required to be provided prior to the release of any records requested.
For a listing of departmental Records Access Officers, click HERE:
For more information:
Barbara L. LaBombard, City Clerk, Records Access Officer
413-529-1400, ext 460
Easthampton Municipal Building, 50 Payson Ave., Easthampton, MA 01027
The City Clerk's office at 50 Payson Avenue administers all elections in the City of Easthampton. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-529-1400, ext. 460 if you have any questions.
2021 Election Notice - NOMINATION PAPERS FOR THE NOVEMBER 2, 2021 BIENNIAL ELECTION WILL BE AVAILABLE STARTING ON JULY 1, 2021 FROM THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE. Click HERE for the 2021 Municipal Election Calendar.
Click here for information on how to register to vote: Voter Registration Information.
To register to vote on-line: ON-LINE VOTER REGISTRATION
To print out a mail-in voter registration form: MAIL IN VOTER REGISTRATION FORM
Biennial City Elections are held on the first Tuesday following the first Monday in November in odd numbered years. There is no early voting for municipal elections.
If you are not sure of your voter status, check here: Am I registered to vote?
Where do I vote? ALL VOTERS IN EASTHAMPTON VOTE AT EASTHAMPTON HIGH SCHOOL, 70 WILLISTON AVENUE